Wednesday 16 January 2008

What I Want To Do WHEN I Grow Up...

BRIEF C: CHARACTER DESIGN

Chose this brief because hopefully I'll be designing characters in the future and I want to get as much practice as i can...

I really want to nail the time-planning on this one, and I know I'm going to have to spend a lot less time on the modelling phase in order to hit deadlines. I generally have to rush the animation and rendering, and a lot of the modelling is never seen anyway.

I enjoyed the texturing work I did on the last project so I'd like to dedicate more time to texturing this time round. The brief specifies a 'visual style that reflects traditional “Claymation” techniques': I would like to model the characters to look like they are made from clay, but possibly use a toon-shader to render the final animation.

The brief asks for 2 characters - I am definately going to do 'Wee Eck McGlone' and I'm also thinking about doing 'Cornelius' the gorilla.

No comments: