Wednesday 23 January 2008

Thumbnails_Cornelius

The character design for Cornelius the gorilla took longer because it's the first time I've designed a cartoon ape. I started by drawing realistic gorillas and the cartoon version evolved from them: the first image is at the bottom and they run in chronological order up to the final compilation at the top. The drawing in the top left of the compilation is the design I've chosen to develop- I think that it resembles a claymation character and it should be relatively simple to animate. I would like to give Cornelius a monocle to make him look like a 'civilised' gentleman. I probably won't use the images of Terry-Thomas to define different expressions because the model needs to be quite simple in order to be finished on time. I'm planning to do a couple of blendshapes for the mouth and let his eyebrows convey most of his emotions.



















No comments: