Monday 28 July 2008

The Pitch to Nickelodeon

For the pitch to Nickelodeon I also made a small book (3"x5") which contained frames from the animatic and character designs (as suggested by Jared!). The cover was spray-painted and cut from heavy card - the title was cut out of black card, and bright orange showed through from behind. Unfortunately I finished it in the early hours of the day of the pitch, and I forgot to take any pictures! I left it with the creative director, and it was very well received, along with the rest of my pitch.

Some negative points they made were that the characters were a little too scary, and needed to be 'rounded off', and also that the names I'd picked for the characters weren't good. I'd chosen them at the last minute and they weren't intended to be final choices, but in hindsight I should have left them unnamed.

They really enjoyed the animatic and got me to play it a couple of times, on the whole I felt the pitch went well and gave me a big confidence boost.

1 comment:

yrag said...

Hi I just browsed to your blog and wanted to ask you how you made the appointment for the pitch?