Thursday 18 October 2007

Moloch - A short film by Marcin Pazera

http://dzentelman.com/archives/2006/01/20/moloch-trailer-marcin-pazera/

A trailer for one of the short films that Bart showed us, called Moloch by Marcin Pazera. I think Tomek Baginski also had something to do with it. I agree with Maciek that Fallen Art by Baginski is also really good reference material- it's a great animation, full of dark humour and a crazy machine that projects the photos of the dead soldiers. I love the music by Fanfare Ciocarlia- I don't think it would suit our animation but the way it is used is worth noting.

I think we all agreed that the look and feel of Moloch was something we would like to consider for our environment. Certainly the heavy machinery directed us away from an organic 'Geiger' look. The animation of the machine parts is great, the way things build up speed and the vibration of the camera for example. I showed this film to my house mate who has offered to do the sound design and he reckons he can do something similair as far as the mechanical noises and ambient sounds go. All good.




No comments: